THE SCUM THAT GAWKER MEDIA, GIZMODO MEDIA AND JALOPNIK REALLY ARE. THEY ARE STRAIGHT FROM SATAN'S ANUS
SEE THIS VIDEO ABOUT THE DIRTY TRICKS BEHIND GAWKER, GIZMODO, VALLEYWAG AND JALOPNIK:
SEE THIS FILING BY GAWKER GIZMODO IN THE ACTUAL COURT CASE:
THE SCUM THAT GAWKER MEDIA, GIZMODO MEDIA AND JALOPNIK REALLY ARE. THEY ARE STRAIGHT FROM SATAN'S ANUS
According to the web:
"... then you have Gawker, which has been, to put it charitably, inconsistent in the way it defines what is and isn’t newsworthy... "abuses of power and hypocrisy" - Founding Editor of Gawker
"...Some of them are lazy and it’s always easier as a journalist to write the glowing lightweight story, where no one’s going to press you to nail down the facts and you won’t get any blowback from sources or subjects...." - Founding Editor of Gawker
AND THE PUBLIC REPLIES:
So if someone like Hogan can't afford to fight back against Gawkers egregious and un-journalistic behavior they should just suck it up in the name of "freedom of the press"? Gawker has broken laws and acted in a despicable and capricious manner for years, that they are finally being held accountable in part thanks to someone whom they have harmed in the past with their complete and utter lack of journalistic ethics should be celebrated not critiqued. These morally bankrupt cowards have hidden behind the 1st Amendment to peddle their crap and inflict harm on real people to line their pockets, not out of any sense of journalistic desire. While individual Gawker staff members may be genuinely interested in journalism, its clear to anyone paying attention that the organization itself is not. Abuses like the ones Gawker properties routinely make do harm to genuine journalism and if they fold because of this or other lawsuits the world is better for it.
Thiel could had thrown trillions at that lawsuit and it still wouldn't have changed anything on its own. The court decided, based on the evidence and the arguments presented, that Gawker broke the law.
Thiel didn't bribe the judge and the jury, he funded legal fees for the victim. The court could have just as easily made that investment null and void by ruling that Gawker had committed no crime.
This was a case where financial costs and lawyerly skill were taken out of the equation, leaving behind only the truth. And, according to the judge and jury, that truth was worth $140 million in damages.
Also, I wouldn't worry as an entrepreneur, because getting outed as gay in an elite environment can easily cause substantial financial losses. People still don't realize how bigoted people at the top can be, even with Trump running for President.
This was no "slight misunderstanding," it was character assassination. I think most people should feel pretty safe doing business with him; I bet some of them are even eager to, given he helped take down a company that peddled sh*t-dripping garbage half the time.
I realize blogs are supposed to be discursive stream-of-thought ramblings, but there are some real problems here, most notably that this has anything to do with Thiel wanting revenge because of scars left from being outed.
Everyone comes out at his or her timetable. Thiel came of age when the Valley was even far more dominated by a "revenge of the nerds" frat-boys-gone-wild culture. While he wouldn't have become a pariah if he were out at that time, as with many situations gay men find themselves in, he believed he would have felt uncomfortable, an outsider.
I have little doubt he would have had a "soft" self-outing (a la Cook) within a few years. His wealth, situation and liberal environment made his forced outing probably no more wrenching than anyone would who had a personal secret publicly revealed.
What the incident did do was set his laser-like sites on Gawker on (in his opinion) Gawker's inherent malevolence. In the last several years, it has become the most bottom-feeding of trash tabloids and TMZ-type sites. Whatever the well-reported or well-written stories (I never saw them), the editors became more and smug and cynical.
Funny you didn't mention their testimony, because it probably was what most influenced the jury's decision. People in St. Pete don't take kindly to sharpy New Yorkers making fun of sex with 4-year-old girls.
Whatever one thinks about Theil's bankrolling Hogan's case or his secretiveness in doing so (from anything I've ever read about this guy, that's his entire modus operandi in doing anything), his ultimate vindication came from the jury, which not only found for Hogan, but was so disgusted by Gawker that it exponentially increased the recommended penalty.
Of course it will be reduced on appeal, but one appeal has already been rejected. After that disgusting "outing" of a married Conde Nast CFO parent who may have hired a male escort once, Denton was forced to make a very public mea culpa and do some serious window dressing after advertisers fled — the only thing, ultimately, he cares about.
When Gawker goes down, like Rupert Murdoch's News of the World, it won't be because a billionaire was involved. It's because the site finally reached the point where the public, advertisers and the law said ¡Basta!see more
All the hand-wringing over this case is hilarious.
All the money in the world would not have harmed Gawker in this case if they hadn't violated someone's rights. They were appropriately found responsible for their tortious conduct and were rightly punished proportionately for the damage done in a court of law, with rules of evidence and an open process.
Let's not pretend that Gawker is a real news organization. Let's also not pretend that the other digital journos freaking out about "this threat to an open press" have any interest in balanced reporting or confronting truly tough issues. On both those counts, they consistently fail miserably.
This comment was deleted.
So to summarize, if a particular person has political viewpoints that you disagree with, he arbitrarily loses his privacy rights and deserves to have his life actively destroyed through illegal activities.
He or she should have no legal recourse, and should not be able to protect his own or other's privacy rights through American jurisprudence, but should instead be subject to the arbitrary and capricious invasion of their privacy because they oppose The Party.
ES: The bias in your article is overwhelming, it's insulting to suggest that your bias is limited with such lines as: "But this new situation disturbs me even without my connection to Gawker." You seem to be ok with compromising journalistic integrity as a "necessary" part of building a valuable news brand. That's appalling nonsense, a slippery slope and represents click-bait integrity; that's not journalism.
You've set out to downplay the damages Gawker Media made to Thiel and Bollea. However we can plainly see that the court found that significant damage had been done. This is not for you to speculate upon, a jury of your peers found the damage significant.
There is a valuable lesson here in understanding the allowances of "freedom", (such as freedom of press, freedom of speech and the like) these are not all access cards to malicious behaviour. Such lapses in editorial judgement are not part of being a journalist - you should know better and you should do better. (Especially for a self-titled "expert".)
Now might be the time to review your professional associations and look within to understand the difference it means to be a journalist, or a click-bait sewer pipe.
Indeed the side I'm on appears to be the side of the law, the side of the jury and indeed the side of a moral character who can distinguish the difference between "news" and trash designed to get web-clicks.
To me it seems that you fall on the side of "everything is news if it gets a click", yet too scared to actually state that - meanwhile there are actual journalists who will enter war zones to report *actual* news.
Tell you what Elizabeth: try and live with the specter of potentially having "journalists" camped outside your home shooting inside while you are engaged in intimate acts IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR HOME...then tell us if you still find the behavior of Hogan and Thiel to be "unreasonable". Everything you have stated above is tenuous on the grounds that you would expect some degree of privacy once you step across the threshold into your sanctuary...or are you going to argue that journalists have free reign to your privacy and to think otherwise is censorship?
It's a money issue, Ms. Spiers.
To make more money, Gawker broke rules of journalistic integrity. To protect itself from being held accountable, it hired numerous lawyers to both: (1) ensure that the cost of suing Gawker would be in the tens of millions, and (2) ensure that losing a lawsuit against Gawker would cost further millions of dollars, by legally arguing that the lawsuit loser should pay Gawker's legal fees.
My favorite saying is, "Never try to convince someone of something when their salary requires them to not understand it."
But I believe you'll understand that Gawker's *POSSESSION* of all that money made it believe it could get away with horrible behavior. Thiel and Hulk Hogan just used their money, to remove Gawker's money. And I hope other media outlets will realize that a similar fate could happen to them.
The American public is smart enough to know the difference between "free media speech" coupled with good behavior, honesty, and a desire for truth and "free media speech" coupled with lies, manipulation, and the advancement of a pro-liberal agenda.
We accept the former, reject the latter - and classify Gawker as the latter.see more
Peter Thiel is absolutely NOT "abusing" the legal system. He funded a very legitimate lawsuit by an aggrieved party, who may not have had the money to fund it themselves. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that, regardless of his personal enjoyment. You have a claim if and when Thiel (or someone else) funds obviously frivolous suits against a media outlet that they don't like. This isn't one of those instances.
HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS TO EVERY ONE OF THE ATTACKERS AND CHARACTER ASSASSINATION BLOGGERS FROM GAWKER, GIZMODO, VALLEYWAG AND JALOPNIK:
THE FUCK YOU PLAN
You have expressed an intent to attack and harm us because we exposed your criminally corrupt and illicit operation. You formed a business and political manipulation “Cartel” intended to inflict corruption upon the United States Federal Government, The New York State Government and the California State Government, as defined by law under RICO Racketeering Statutes for the purpose of manipulating the value of stock market holdings and controlling political policy decisions.
Clearly, you have not fully considered the implications of our notoriously world famous “FUCK YOU” PLAN which was created decades ago for people exactly like YOU!
You are now going to experience the program under this Plan, for the rest of your time on Earth and even into your historical legacy after you die.
It costs us between $120,000.00 and $1.2M to sue your pathetic ass into oblivion. Anybody can do that to a weasel such as you. That’s the easy part of the Plan and it is only 2% of what will now happen to you.
Because you are a scumbag who has been accused, by reporters and tipsters, of very evil bribery, sex, drug, political, tax evasion, money hiding, misogyny, abuse and other things, many people might consider hiring an MS-13 street gang or a Russian drug Cartel to torture and kill you.
We would never do that!
We find that our 100% legal FUCK YOU Plan is far more effective.
First of all, the ‘Fuck You Plan’ will last for the rest of your life. We will never forget about what you did and we will never forgive you. (Unless, of course, you want to pay us at least ten million dollars for the legal, personal, economic, brand and related damages you cost us).
Next we are putting you in our, and others, special crime prevention databases. The databases have every piece of information about you that you ever created, ie: all of your addresses, account numbers, tax records, bank accounts, dating site records, phone numbers, fax numbers, IMEI device records, IP addresses, device serial numbers, every lover you cheated on, service calls, drug deals, hookers, rent boys, Uber and Lyft trip addresses, neighbors, GPS records, etc. All of this information is legally acquired. You put most of it out on the web yourself.
We work with, and retain, ex-FBI, CIA, NSA, GCHQ and other top intelligence and crime interdiction experts. They have ways of watching you every second of every day. Did you know that WiFi and the ceramic objects around you can can make it look like there are not even walls where you are right now?
Science has created a new world in which there is, LITERALLY, no place you can hide!
Face recognition is also sourcing up every image of you on security cameras, Walmart cameras, restaurant cameras, Google and Bing image databases, social networks, dating sites, traffic cameras, hotel and motel cameras and everything that has ever recorded your face; which is public domain. Everything you are connected to will be connected to you and psychologically analyzed.
If you ever, for the rest of your life, cheat on taxes, take money off-the-books, lie on an application, get arrested, get sued, buy drugs, buy sex, cheat, hide money, use off-shore conduits, set-up an illicit trust fund or shell corporation, get an STD, lie on a dating site, abuse or extort an employee, abuse a co-worker, plagiarize, break the law, run a real estate scam, hide insider stock trading, provide political campaign services without filing detailed and accurate FEC disclosures, support a political campaign, spend or receive any money that you do not report, etc… YOU WILL BE CAUGHT!
There is no place on Earth you can hide from us. Our investigators and our friends in Congress, our journalist buddies, law enforcement and the intelligence community will never let you out of their sights!
We do not do creepy illicit things, like you do, so we have nothing to worry about. You have PLENTY to worry about. These tactics only work on Bad Guys like you!
You are, today, sitting at the edge of the same precipice that Richard Nixon, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein and other scum sat at just before they slid down their filthy funnels straight to hell. Enjoy the ride!
Here are a few of the thousands of 100% legal methods for wiping out creeps like you, corrupt politicians, The Silicon Valley Mafia, their political shills and their crony companies that the public can undertake from the comfort of any voter’s living room. This only works on criminals and the corrupt. The “good guys” have nothing to fear. Our goal is to get 300 million voters working on these efforts:
Step-By-Step Termination Instructions For The Public To Use On Corrupt Targets:
- Make sure your interdiction of their illicit deeds lasts the rest of their life. Make it your hobby and engage in it every month. Put it on your calendar to have a monthly action day.
- Bankrupt their corrupt companies by contacting EVERY single advertising director for EVERY company that advertises with them to show them the evidence and encourage them to stop advertising with the suspect under threat of boycott.
- List out every past employee of the tabloid that was used to attack the taxpayers.
- Bankrupt their corrupt companies by contacting EVERY single employee that works for them to show them the evidence and encourage them to quit.
- Bankrupt their corrupt companies by contacting EVERY single investor that funds them to show them the evidence and encourage them to divest.
- Contact billionaire’s (ie: Peter Thiel, Larry Ellison, etc.) to get them to sponsor a RICO, or other kind of lawsuit, against these corrupt parties. Use proxies to sue the corrupt (ie: Get Thiel to pay for some other guy to sue Gawker for you). The Legal Proxy is one of your biggest assets. You can
get billions of dollars of lawsuits executed against corrupt mega giants. Make Hulk Hogan be
YOUR proxy. He takes all of the risk and YOU get to see a criminally corrupt oligarch (ie: Nick
Denton and Gawker/Gizmodo Media) ground into the dirt. Read the news daily and PACER.GOV
and FIND YOUR PROXY!
- Bankrupt their corrupt companies by contacting EVERY user of their company, via mass media and personal out-reach, to show them the evidence and encourage them to cancel their subscriptions and ‘poison’ their data by filling their profiles with fantasy data.
- Bankrupt their corrupt companies by contacting EVERY single member of Congress and regulatory agencies to show them the evidence and demand, in writing, a federal investigation.
- Bankrupt their corrupt companies by exposing corrupt sources of supply to the news and the public; ie: Elon Musk uses “blood cobalt” mines in the Congo which rely on child labor and mercenaries to operate the cobalt mineral mines.
- Expose the covert sex cults (ie: Pizza Gate, NXIUM, Burning Man, Mission Control, Power Exchange, etc.) that they frequent.
- Look on Linkedin and other databases to contact their former interns to see if they sexually or mentally abused that intern and help that intern find lawyers (ie: Lawless Firm, AllRed, etc.).
- All of the data of famous corrupt persons and corporations has been hacked and acquired by many, many parties over the last decade. Watch for it to get leaked on the web or go search the ICIJ, Wikileaks and related databases for keywords about your targets. Expose what you find to the public. Cross reference what you find with the Palantir, Taleo, Bitcoin Trace, PayPal Trace, VISA Trace, D&B Insider, Gust-Scan, etc. commercially available databases and you will have an even more powerful search than the NSA’s XKEYSCORE tool.
- Expose the trust funds, shell corporations and real estate contracts that they and their family own and make sure the IRS and SEC knows about those slush fund pots. Find all of their insider trading payola scams and expose them.
- Expose every reporter and ‘stock analyst’ that is actually a shill for the corrupt. Call them out by name in press releases and your own news articles. Demand to see their financial records if they claim to have never been paid by the corrupt entity in question.
- Expose the racist, tribal, misogynist organizations that the majority of their executive hires are part of.
- Investigate them and share your investigation data, from public data resources, on databases. All of their addresses, account numbers, tax records, bank accounts, dating site records, phone numbers, fax numbers, IMEI device records, IP addresses, device serial numbers, etc. are on public record.
- As Comey, et al; proved, there are crooks at the FBI...but there will always be, at least, one Elliot Ness kind of good guy at the FBI. DO report your findings to the FBI, in writing, but report to EVERY main, and regional FBI office, in writing, with a carbon copy to the media. It only takes one good FBI agent to get an official FBI case going. The same goes for the SEC, The EU and the CFTC.
- These incredibly abusive people have an inordinate number of divorce lawsuits for abusive behavior. Showcase the most revealing text from those abusive divorce court filings.
- Write ‘Request For Prosecution’ requests to every major law enforcement agency and send copies of those requests to every other law enforcement agency and independent news reporters.
- If they run for office, confront them (legally) at public speaking events and hand out one page fliers about their crimes to the public at these events. Name their crony financial backers out loud at these events.
- File charges with the FEC for campaign finance violations. Ie: In one year Google reported a million in campaign contribution cash to one party but they actually provided many billions of campaign contributions via search engine rigging and perception manipulation services. Report that to the FEC and demand to know what the FEC is doing about it. Ask the FEC, in writing, every month until you get an answer in writing.
- Don’t just ‘follow the money’. Make fun charts and diagrams of the illicit funds routes and mass distribute those graphics.
- Meme them forever.
- Uncover every: illicit sex partner and who they cheated on; drug deals; hooker; rent boy; Uber and Lyft trip route; neighbors who complained about them; GPS records, social media posting that hinted at a political agenda, etc. All of this information can be legally acquired. They put most of it out on the web themselves and agreed to let Facebook, Uber and Google sell the data.
- Search every face recognition database with automated search tools. They agreed to allow their image on databases for security cameras, Walmart cameras, restaurant cameras, Google and Bing image databases, social networks, dating sites, traffic cameras, hotel and motel cameras and everything that has ever recorded their face; which is public domain. Check out what they were doing at each place they were recorded.
- Report every illicit deed done by the corrupt to large Congressional, news writer, social network and voter mass distribution systems.
- Learn ‘Veil Protection Strategies’ and How to Bust Them’.
- Break their cover-ups. Carbon copy every Inspector General (IG), reporter and social media resource you can find. Never allow only a few people to be the only ones that know what you uncovered. Tell everyone and never stop finding new people to tell. Use the “Streisand Effect”.
- If they ever, for the rest of their life: cheat on taxes, take money off-the-books, lie on an application, get arrested, get sued, buy drugs, buy sex, cheat, hide money, use off-shore conduits, set-up an illicit trust fund or shell corporation, get an STD, lie on a dating site, abuse or extort an employee, abuse a co-worker, plagiarize, break the law, run a real estate scam, hide insider stock trading, provide political campaign services without filing detailed and accurate FEC disclosures, support a political campaign, spend or receive any money that they do not report, etc.; THEN YOU EXPOSE THEM AND THE ILLICIT ACTIONS THEY TOOK.
- Educate yourself by typing this phrase into the top 5 non-Google search engines: “How To Be A Private Investigator” and read all of the results. Try more searches, like: “Investigation methods” or “Background check methods” or “Investigate a politician”, etc. There are thousands of other legal techniques in addition to those few listed here. They all work if you are persistent.
- Learn how to put a covert media alarm in ‘Corporate Poison Pills’ and find ‘Criminal Back-Dating’.
- Make certain that you find every other voter and community group who might help you. Support their efforts and share what you have uncovered with them. Use the web to guarantee that there is no place on Earth they can hide from justice. Work to mesh investigators, Congress, journalists, law enforcement, intelligence community, voters and your friends and family to never let them out of your sights!